ExakTime Support has moved to Support Central.
This help site will be discontinued in the near future.
In-Depth: Mobile Settings
Mobile Settings allow you to manage all the settings for all of your ExakTime Mobile devices from within ExakTime Connect. Any settings made within "Mobile Settings" will overwrite any settings changed manually on ExakTime Mobile.
To access Mobile Settings, you would click on Manage and click on Mobile Settings.
To enable the option, click the button for "Manage Settings for all Employee Devices" on.
Show crew confirmation screen
- What It Does: Confirm which individuals in a crew will be clocked in or out. (Appears after selecting a crew, before they are clocked in or out.) This will not permanently change the crew and will only affect that immediate clock in/out.
- Purpose: The use of this is most beneficial with supervisors that have a floater or when crew members have temporarily swapped. If the supervisor is expected to do this multiple times for the same people, it is best to instead make a new crew for that duration.
Prompt user to select a location when clocking out
- What It Does: While the employee is clocking out, they will be asked to specify their location at that time.
- Purpose: Useful for employees that end their day at a specific location. For example, a driver that is expected to drop off the company vehicle at a designated location and is not expected to work any further. If they are expected to work after dropping off their vehicle such as unloading the vehicle, prepping the vehicle for the next day, etc. then the employee should clock in to another cost code after traveling.
Require a GPS fix before clocking in or out
- What It Does: If the employee does not have a GPS coordinate to associate to their time record, they will be unable to clock in or out.
- Purpose: To have a record of where the employee was when clocking in/out throughout the day. If the employee is in a location that affects consistent GPS coordinates such as a tunnel, basement, large structure, then enabling this feature will prevent the employee from clocking in/out.
Require the device's Location Services to be enabled before clocking in or out
- What It Does: This option will force the user to at least have their location services on.
This option does not guarantee that the user will have a GPS coordinate associated with their punch.
- Purpose: Makes it so ExakTime Mobile will try to get any GPS information possible. If the employee is in a location that affects consistent GPS coordinates such as a tunnel, basement, large structure, etc. then the employee is still able to clock in/out.
Automatically send time records after clocking in or out
- What It Does: ExakTime Mobile will send any unsent records to ExakTime Connect after an employee clocks in/out.
- Purpose: Offers an up-to-date view of your employee's actions throughout the day. In the event that the employee is unable to send their record immediately, it will be stored for the next attempt and will continue to be stored until it is successfully sent to ExakTime Connect.
Automatically log out after clocking in or out
- What It Does: After an employee clocks in/out, the app will return to the number pad to allow the next user to enter their PIN and repeat the process.
- Purpose: If multiple employees are clocking in/out on a single device, removes the step of requiring the employee to log themselves out. If the employee is expected to perform additional actions such as creating field notes, they should do those actions before clocking in/out to prevent needing to log in again. Having this option enabled will prevent the use of GeoTrakker.
Enable Comments for Employees
- What It Does: Allow employees to add a comment to their clock in, out or both so it appears with the time record on the time card. For more information regarding this option, please refer to the following article: ExakTime Mobile Comments
- Purpose: Gives your employees a chance to include additional information with their clock in/out. For example, if there was any trouble starting their day such as including a comment of "Stuck on freeway from large accident like other coworkers."
Enable Comments for Crews
- What It Does: Allow employees with access to the Clock For function to add a comment with the time records on the time card for other employees. For more information regarding this option, please refer to the following article: ExakTime Mobile Comments
- Purpose: Gives supervisors clocking in/out a crew the opportunity to include additional information for all the crew's clock in/outs. For example, if the supervisor forgot to clock in the crew earlier in the day, they can include a comment for all affected employees for the office such as "Forgot to clock in crew at 8:30 AM, please adjust clock in time."
- What It Does: How often the app will try to sync and update its information since the last attempt.
- Daily (Every 24 Hours)
- Every 2 Hours
- Every 4 Hours
- Purpose: Depending on the company's needs, ExakTime Mobile may need to sync more often throughout the day or less often.
Show a confirmation screen after the user chooses a location and cost code, before clocking the user in (Android Only).
- What It Does: A confirmation screen to confirm what the employee's selection.
- Purpose: If employees need assurances of what they selected during their clock in.
Camera Mode (Android Only)
- What It Does: Used to dictate if ExakTime Mobile will try to automatically rotate the camera and photos taken, or to have the user specify the rotations.
- Purpose: As Android devices are made by a variety of manufacturers, the positioning and orientation of the front-facing camera can differ wildly. While the automatic function can take care of a majority of cases, ExakTime Mobile can take user-specific settings for how the camera should rotate images.
Employees, Locations, and Cost Codes
- What It Does: Control how information is displayed to ExakTime Mobile users.
- Purpose: Enforce a consistent view of how entities are displayed throughout the company.
- Available Options:
- First name, then last or Last name, then first. (Employee names Only)
- Showing the Name only, the ID only, the Name and then the ID, or the ID and then the name.
- Sort by the Name or the ID.