In-Depth: Time Clock on ExakTime Mobile
The Time Clock section of ExakTime Mobile is the first thing you will see when you first set up and open ExakTime Mobile. From the time clock your employees can clock in/out, review their hours, and depending on level of permission, allow them to clock in/out for others. The imagery below assumes that you are using the latest version of ExakTime Mobile.
The Clock in screen is perhaps the most used function of ExakTime Mobile. From here your employees can clock in/out for their day.
- A. Elapsed Time - Track how long you have been on the clock based on your latest clock in. Tapping the chevron icon to the right will give you more information of the latest known clock in.
- B. GPS - This icon will help indicate if ExakTime Mobile is able to receive GPS data from your mobile device. Tapping on the icon will show you the current position of the mobile device.
- GPS has good fix on your relative position.
- Searching for GPS position.
- GPS access has been disabled or denied.
- C. Sync ExakTime Mobile.
- D. GO/STOP. If ExakTime Mobile does not detect that the employee has already clocked in, the STOP button will be grayed out to prevent clock outs in the morning.
- E. The last time that ExakTime Mobile has been synced.
- F. Employees That Used The Device To Clock In. This option will only appear for employees that have been given permission to see employees that have clocked in and is intended for shared devices. If employees clock in on their own device, they will not appear in this listing.
- G. Force Clock Out/Elapsed Time Override: If ExakTime Mobile does not detect that the employee has clocked in yet, the STOP button will be grayed out to prevent employees from mistakenly clocking out. If the employee needs to clock out, they can press the i icon to forcibly clock out.
Clicking on the GPS icons listed above will show you the current position of the employee based on the location data from the mobile device if possible.
Clock For is generally used by supervisors/foreman/project managers to clock in for other employees. Can be used with crews/groups to clock in multiple employees with minimal button presses.
The employee would select the employee or crew that is working, what location that should be used, and the cost code.
For more information on how you can create crews/groups or how to clock in for other employees, please refer to the following articles: In-Depth: Crews/Groups and Clocking In/Out a Crew on ExakTime Mobile
If enabled, your employees can review their time from the past 6 pay periods (the current pay period and the past five) and the time of others depending on their security permissions.
For more information regarding time cards on ExakTime Mobile, you can refer to the following article: Time Cards on ExakTime Mobile
History will show the records created on the device and if the records have been sent or not from the past 2 weeks. This can be used to confirm if an employee used the device to clock in/out and if they were sent.
- Tapping a record will show you more information about the time record. If the record has not been sent, the information can be modified if it has not been sent yet or attempted to be sent.
Team View shows the last known position of an employee at the time of their clock in.
- Tapping a pin will show the employees name.
- Tapping the magnifying glass allows you to search for an employee.