ExakTime Support has moved to Support Central.
This help site will be discontinued in the near future.
Closing or Reopening a Pay Period
Closing a pay period is a way to prevent unintended time card changes if they have been reviewed and ready for payroll. If the time card needs to be adjusted, however, it can be reopened.
Enabling Pay Period Closing
- Go to Manage and click on Company Settings
- Go to Time & Attendance
- Enable Pay Period Closing
- You can also put a warning on the Time Card Summary for when time should be finalized.
- Click Save.
Close or Open A Pay Period
Once you are past the pay period, the option to close the pay period will be available on the Time Card Summary page and must be done manually, this will not be automatic.
- Go to Time Cards and click on Time Card Summary.
- Click on Close Pay Period to close the pay period or Reopen Pay Period if it has already been closed.
- A warning will appear for the date range you are closing/reopening and what will happen by closing/reopening.
If a pay period has been closed, any records from the field will go to the Quarantined Time area of the Time Card Summary. The records will not reach the employees time cards until the pay period is opened.
For more information regarding Quarantined Time, please refer to the following article: Quarantined Time