ExakTime Support has moved to Support Central.
This help site will be discontinued in the near future.
Collecting from Your Jobclock/LE & Hornets via Bluetooth
The JobClock/LE is one of our latest JobClock models that allow you to collect with an Android or iOS device. For the purposes of this article, we will collect with an iOS device, but you can also collect from your JobClock/LE (the JobClock/LE will have bright yellow plastic on the unit) or JobClock Hornet (Serial Number begins with 6200XXXX) with an Android device.
If you have not yet installed and setup ExakTime Mobile, you can refer to the following article: ExakTime Mobile Quick Start
- JobClock/LE or JobClock Hornet (Serial Number begins with 6200XXXX)
- Android or iOS device with:
- Internet Access (via Cellular data or Wi-Fi)
- Bluetooth Capability
- ExakTime Mobile
- Any Keytab (Color does not matter and does not have to be associated with any employee.)
How to Collect from Your JobClock
- On your JobClock/LE, activate the Bluetooth by holding your keytab to the touchplate as if you were clocking in, but continue to hold it for 5-10 seconds after it has beeped. The keytab you use for this does not have to be assigned to anyone.
- You may hear a beep as if you are clocking in, DO NOT move your keytab.
- When you see a blue light and an audio tone, the Bluetooth has been activated. You can now pull your keytab away.
- The Bluetooth will be active for about 1 minute, then turn off automatically. As long as the blue light is on, Bluetooth is active.
- After the Bluetooth has been activated on your JobClock/LE, open ExakTime Mobile on your Android or iOS device.
- At the PIN pad screen, press the JobClock Reader button.
- With the Bluetooth activated on your JobClock/LE, press Collect.
- JobClock Reader will try to connect to the JobClock/LE. Once it has connected, it will read any records, collect them, then disconnect from the JobClock/LE.
- After it has collected from the JobClock/LE, it will indicate how many records were collected and the battery status.
- When ready, press SYNC to send the records to your ExakTime Connect account.