In-Depth: ExakTime Mobile Security Role
The ExakTime Mobile security role system in ExakTime Connect allows administrators of the system to give other employees access to various parts of the system. This, for example, is useful for allowing Supervisors to clock in for other employees or allow them to create new locations from the field within ExakTime Mobile.
Accessing Security Roles
To access Security Roles, go to Manage in the Menu Bar and select Security Roles.
- A. View and Modify Security Roles for ExakTime Connect or ExakTime Mobile
- B. Add a Security Role
- C. Security Roles - The roles that will grant certain employees permissions.
- D. Edit Name – Edit the name of a Non-Default role.
- E. Available permissions.
- F. Employee Members - Which employees are a part of the selected role.
- G. Permissions – What a role is allowed to do.
There are 4 default roles for ExakTime Mobile.
- The Administrator role is given full access ExakTime Mobile and their permissions cannot be changed.
- The Supervisor role is given limited access to ExakTime Mobile and is generally intended for employees that manage others. This role can have it's permissions adjusted.
- The Employee role is given limited access to ExakTime Mobile, but their permissions can be adjusted.
- No Access has no power and cannot access ExakTime Mobile
Cloud Service - A setting for legacy software/products that can be disregarded at this time.
Clock In and Out for Other Employees - Clock in/out for other employees.
- Edit Clock In and Out Time - Adjust the date/time for the employee they are clocking in/out. This cannot be set to a future date/time.
Edit Time Records - Edit unsent time records made on the device from the History tab.
Crews and Groups - Created/adjust crews and groups on the device. These changes may be overwritten if the crews and groups are made within ExakTime Connect.
View SiteHub - View SiteHub data containing recent activities such as field notes about the location, recent clock ins, directions through your phones navigation app, and nearby restaurants.
- Show Wages - Show the sum of the current hourly wage of employees clocked in to a location. (This is not a total of the hourly wages on the job so far, just the hourly wage sum at that moment)
Field Notes - Create field notes on the device in hand.
Expenses - Create expenses on the device in hand.
Employees - View the employee list from the Manage screen and add new employees.
Locations - View the location list from the Manage screen, add new locations, update the GPS coordinate associated, and navigate to the location using your device's navigation app.
Cost Code - View the cost code list from the Manage screen and add new cost codes.
My Schedule - Allow employees to view their schedules and others.
Who is Clocked In - View a list of who has used your device to clock in and allows access to Team View. The list will clear itself out after 12 hours. Team View will update based on the employees clocking in/out on any ExakTime Mobile device connected to the internet.
How long has someone been clocked in - Let employees know how long they have been clocked in.
Time Card - Allow employees to review their time and others.
Time Record History - View the time records created on the device in hand from the last 14 days.
Own GeoTrakker Data - Review your own GeoTrakker data.
Other Employees' GeoTrakker Data - Review others GeoTrakker data.
Take a photo when clocking in or out with the front-facing camera.
GeoFence Clock In
GeoFence restrictions are upcoming features for ExakTime Mobile to help prevent employees from clocking in to the wrong location.
No GeoFence warning or restriction - Enabled by default. An employee can clock in to any location they want to, regardless if they are not within the vicinity or not.
Warn employees when clocking in outside Geofence, or if Geofence is unknown - The employee will receive a warning if their device plots them outside the GeoFence for their selected location or if there is no GeoFence for their selected location.
- Require employees to add a comment when clocking in outside GeoFence - In addition to the warning from above, the employee will need to enter a comment that will appear on your time cards to further review.
Restrict employee clock in outside known Geofence - If an employee's device places them outside the GeoFence of a location, they will not be able to clock in to their selected location.
Track the movement of the employee based on the location data from the mobile device. For more information regarding GeoTrakker, please refer to this article: In-Depth: GeoTrakker
Time Card Approval
Can approve own time card - The employee is able to approve their own time card from ExakTime Mobile.
Can approve time cards that have exceptions - The employee can approve their own time card from ExakTime Mobile even if there are exceptions such as incomplete time records.
- A. Search for a Specific employee among your Role’s Members
- B. Add/remove the employee from the selected security role.
For assistance with assigning their ExakTime Mobile Security Role from within their Employee profile, please refer to the following article: How to Assign ExakTime Mobile Security Roles