In-Depth: ExakTime Mobile
ExakTime Mobile is our mobile app that allows Android and iOS users to clock in/out, review their time cards, and other functions such as sending Field Notes.
As ExakTime Mobile has many different functions and uses, we will have a short summary of the sections, but will include links to more detailed articles for easier review. The functions listed below may not be present for all employees as you can tailor their experience/abilities with the Security Roles sections of ExakTime Mobile.
For more information regarding ExakTime Mobile Security Roles, please refer to the following article: ExakTime Mobile Permissions And What They Do
Pressing the three lines in the top left of ExakTime Mobile allows you to open the menu for ExakTime Mobile and access many possible functions.
- Time Clock - Where employees can clock in/out and review their time records.
- Field Notes - Send pictures, notes, and audio recordings to ExakTime Connect.
- SiteHub - See some recent punch activity at a location, navigation, and nearby hospital/restaurants.
- Expenses - Submit an expense for review in ExakTime Connect.
- GeoTrakker - Review GeoTrakker for the employee that is logged in or other employees.
- Manage - Review and add employees, locations, cost codes, equipment and/or crews/groups.
- Settings - Adjust how ExakTime Mobile functions for this device such as how often ExakTime Mobile syncs, if it auto logs out, how names are displayed etc. Some settings are only accessible with a specific ExakTime Mobile security permission.
- Help - Used to help troubleshoot a device by ExakTime support staff.
The Time Clock section of ExakTime Mobile is the first thing you will see when you first set up and open ExakTime Mobile. From the time clock your employees can clock in/out, review their hours, and depending on level of permission, allow them to clock in/out for others.
The Clock in screen is perhaps the most used function of ExakTime Mobile. From here your employees can clock in/out for their day.
- A. Elapsed Time - Track how long you have been on the clock based on your latest clock in. Tapping the chevron icon to the right will give you more information of the latest known clock in.
- B. GPS - This icon will help indicate if ExakTime Mobile is able to receive GPS data from your mobile device. Tapping on the icon will show you the current position of the mobile device.
- GPS has good fix on your relative position.
- Searching for GPS position.
- GPS access has been disabled or denied.
- C. Sync ExakTime Mobile.
- D. GO/STOP
- E. The last time that ExakTime Mobile has been synced.
- F. Employees That Used The Device To Clock In. This option will only appear for employees that have been given permission to see employees that have clocked in and is intended for shared devices. If employees clock in on their own device, they will not appear in this listing.
- G. Force Clock Out/Elapsed Time Override: If ExakTime Mobile does not detect that the employee has clocked in yet, the STOP button will be grayed out to prevent employees from mistakenly clocking out. If the employee needs to clock out, they can press the i icon to forcibly clock out.
Clicking on the GPS icons listed above will show you the current position of the employee based on the location data from the mobile device if possible.
Clock For is generally used by supervisors/foreman/project managers to clock in for other employees. Can be used with crews/groups to clock in multiple employees with minimal button presses.
The employee would select the employee or crew that is working, what location that should be used, and the cost code.
For more information on how you can create crews/groups or how to clock in for other employees, please refer to the following articles: In-Depth: Crews/Groups and How to Clock In/Out a Crew on ExakTime Mobile
An upcoming feature that will allow your employees to review their time from the past 6 pay periods and the time of others depending on their security permissions.
For more information regarding time cards on ExakTime Mobile, you can refer to the following article: Time Cards on ExakTime Mobile
History will show the records created on the device and if the records have been sent or not from the past 2 weeks. This can be used to confirm if an employee used the device to clock in/out and if they were sent.
- Tapping a record will show you more information about the time record. If the record has not been sent, the information can be modified if it has not been sent yet or attempted to be sent.
Team View shows the last known position of an employee at the time of their clock in.
- Tapping a pin will show the employee's name.
- Tapping the magnifying glass allows you to search for an employee.
Field notes allow your employees to send notes, pictures and voice recordings to ExakTime Connect.
For more information regarding field notes, please refer to the following article: In-Depth: Field Notes on ExakTime Mobile
- A. Save - Save your field note so it will be sent on the next sync.
- B. Subject - What your field note is about (Employee, Location, or Cost Code)
- C. Note - Notes that your employees can enter relating to the field note.
- D. Photos - Take or attach a photo with your field note.
- E. Voice Note/Recording - Record audio with your device's mic for your field note.
- Recent activity at a location such as employees clocking in and field notes about the location.
- A small map showing where the location is and a shortcut to navigating to/from the location.
- Yelp suggestions for nearby restaurants and hospitals.
For more information regarding SiteHub, please refer to the following article: In-Depth: SiteHub on ExakTime Mobile
- If collecting with an Android, you can refer to our article for additional steps: Collecting from Your Jobclock/EX or Jobclock Hornet via Bluetooth
- If collecting with an iOS device, you can refer to our article here for additional steps: Collecting from Your Jobclock/LE via Bluetooth
For more information regarding Scheduling, please refer to the following article: In-Depth: Schedules
- For more information regarding the Manage section, you can refer to the following article: In-Depth: Manage on ExakTime Mobile
- For more information regarding Crews/Groups, you can refer to the following article: In-Depth: Crews/Groups
For more information regarding expenses, you can refer to the following article: In-Depth: Expenses
For more information regarding ExakTime Mobile, you can refer to the following article: In-Depth: GeoTrakker
For more information regarding ExakTime Mobile settings, you can refer to the following article: In-Depth: Settings on ExakTime Mobile