ExakTime Support has moved to Support Central.
This help site will be discontinued in the near future.
Using the "By" Reports
ExakTime Connect features twelve "By" reports that sort information based on two parameters chosen. For example, the Cost Code by Employee report will display time accrued to each Cost Code sorted by the employees who accrued that time for the given date range. You can choose from the following:
- Cost Code by Employee
- Equipment by Employee
- Expenses by Employee
- Location by Employee
- Scheduled Shifts by Employee
- Cost code by Location
- Employee by Location
- Equipment by Location
- Expenses by Location
- Scheduled Shifts by Location
By Cost Code
- Employee by Cost Code
- Location by Cost Code
Each report can be accessed by going to Reports and expanding the appropriate subsection (Cost Code, Equipment, Expenses, Location, or Scheduled Shifts) from the left.
As noted before, there are several By Employee variations, each fitted to specific needs.
- Cost Code By Employee: Displays the total hours accrued to each Cost Code broken down into each employee who worked those hours
- Equipment By Employee: Displays total amount of hours accrued to each piece of equipment separated by the employee who recorded those hours
- Expenses By Employee: Lists the expenses recorded by each Employee within the specified date range.
- Location By Employee: Displays a list of locations and the regular, overtime, and total hours of each employee who worked there.
- Scheduled Shifts By Employee (not available by default): Displays the scheduled shifts for each employee.
Report Specific Options
Each report has a section for report specific options; there a slight variations to these options, but they are largely the same. Variations are notated.
- Show _ ID: Choose to Include Cost Code, Employee, Location, or Equipment IDs based on chosen report
- Sort By: Sort rows by either the entity's description (name) or its related ID
- Separate Names and IDs with: Choose to separate the names and IDs by one of four available options
- Show Overtime Hours*: Have hourly totals broken into Regular, Overtime, and Overtime 2
- Show each _ on a separate page: When running the report, choose to have each Cost Code, Employee, Location, or piece of Equipment show on a separate page
*Only included on some By Reports
Scheduled Shifts by Employee features its on set of Reports Specific Option.
- Show Actual Hours With Variance: Include a table that shows scheduled hours compared to how many actual hours worked with variance amount
Like By Employee, By Location features several variants to refine the way data is displayed.
- Cost code by Location: Displays total hours per Cost Code, separated into each location where the time was accrued.
- Employee by Location: Lists each employee's hours separated into each location where the time was recorded
- Equipment by Location: Shows hours for each equipment item was used, broken out by location
- Expenses by Location: Lists the expenses recorded at each Location, within the specified date range.
- Scheduled Shifts by Location (not available by default): Displays the scheduled shifts by location
Report Specific Options
By Location reports feature roughly the same Report Specific Options as By Employee.
Scheduled Shifts by Location reports share the same options as the By Employee Report.
By Cost Code
- Employee by Cost Code: Displays employees and their hours worked for a specified date range, broken out by cost code.
- Location by Cost Code: Lists each location and total time for cost codes performed at the location. Useful for job costing or comparing actual hours worked to estimates. Also helpful for billing labor costs when different cost codes have different rates.
For more information regarding reports, please refer to the following article: Reports Walkthrough