ExakTime Support has moved to Support Central.
This help site will be discontinued in the near future.
Connecting SyncLinx or AccountLinx to QuickBooks Online
With the latest version of QuickBooks Online, they have made changes to how third-party applications communicate with a QuickBooks Online company file. To ensure compatibility, you will want to update AccountLinx/SyncLinx to version 4.7.5+.
If you do not have the latest version of AccountLinx/SyncLinx, you can refer to the following article to get updated to the latest public version: Installing/Updating AccountLinx & SyncLinx
Allowing Access to Your QuickBooks Online Company File
When first connecting AccountLinx/SyncLinx with your QuickBooks Online company file you will be prompted to enter your QuickBooks Online username and password. When successful, you will be asked to select a company file that is associated with the user. Select the appropriate company file that we will be connecting to and press Next.
Note: It is highly advised to login with a user that is an "Admin" or "Master Admin" as they will have the necessary permission to allow AccountLinx/SyncLinx to communicate with your company file.
Possible Errors and Troubleshooting
When giving us permission to connect to your company file, you may encounter any of the following connection messages/errors.
Uh Oh, There's a Connection Problem/Oops Can't Connect
If you encounter this message, it generally means:
- The QuickBooks Online user does not have permission to let us connect to the company file.
- Try to login with an "Admin" or "Master Admin" user as they should have sufficient permission to let AccountLinx/SyncLinx connect to your company file.
- The company file is not active or is expired.
- Double-check that the company file that you are trying to connect AccountLinx/SyncLinx with is active.
Set Up Payroll
- This generally means that the company file is missing a necessary module or a module has not been activated (such as Accounting/Time Tracking).
Apps Already Connected To...
- This generally means that AccountLinx/SyncLinx has already been connected to the company file and may require resetting the connection.
- Reset the connection with the QuickBooks Online configuration menu in AccountLinx/SyncLinx. The steps can be found below.
Resetting AccountLinx Connection
- Go to Tools
- Go to Exporter Settings
- Go to Configure...
- Click Reset QuickBooks Online Connection.
Resetting SyncLinx Connection
- Go to Tools
- Go to QuickBooks Online Settings...
- Click Reset