Require Employees to Add Comments When Clocking In Outside a Geofence
With ExakTime Mobile, employees can be required to enter a comment if they were to clock in outside of a Geofence. This comment will appear with on their time card detail alongside the corresponding time record for review.
GeoFence Warnings/Restrictions will not affect the or Clock For function or when clocking Out. These warnings/restrictions will only occur if an employee is using the Clock In function and clocking In for themselves.
For more information on Geofence warnings and restrictions, you can refer to the following article: Setting Up Geofence Warnings and Restrictions
- To enable this setting, go to
- The ExakTime Mobile tab should already be selected. Select the ExakTime Mobile role that should be require a comment when clocking in outside of a Geofence.
- On the right-hand side, scroll through the permissions until you find the Geofence section. Click the radial button for "Warn employees when clocking in outside GeoFence, or if Geofence is unknown." and check the box for "Require employees to add comment when clocking in outside Geofence.
- Click at the bottom.
- To receive this new setting, your employees will need to sync their copies of ExakTime Mobile, either manually or automatically.
- Once ExakTime Mobile sees that the empoyee has the new requirement, the employee will see the following prompt when clocking in outside of a Geofence.